(RADIATOR) LogMicroseconds

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 23 01:35:04 CDT 2002

Hello Ray -

Your configuration file looks fine.

You should see a six digit number on the timestamp line for every packet
dump that is shown. The six digits are the number of microseconds in the
current second.

There is no particular response time required by Radiator, it is more a
question of the database being fast enough to cope with the number of
requests that you are sending to it. On reaonably fast hardware you
should be able to do at least a couple of hundred radius requests per
second. If your database is taking more than a small fraction of a
second to handle an SQL query, you probably have a problem.

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 03:28 AM, rcortez at info.com.ph wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I want to know if what is the minimum response time required by
> radiator to an oracle server? if i'm using 2 different machines 1 for
> oracle and 1 for radiator? What if i'm using single machine running
> both oracle and radiator? Is my configuration right using <Log FILE>
>
> Foreground
> AuthPort 1645
> AcctPort 1646
> DbDir /usr/local/etc/raddb
>
> <Log FILE>
> LogDir  /data/LOGFILE
> LogFile %L/%Y-%m-%d-%H-logfile.log
> Trace 4
> LogMicroseconds
> </Log>
>
> <Client localhost>
>         Secret mysecret
>         DupInterval 60
> </Client>
>
> <Client 66.234.123.23>
>         Secret mysecret
>         DupInterval 60
> </Client>
>
> <Handler Realm=test.info.com>
>         RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
>         MaxSessions 1
>         AcctLogFileName %L/TEST/%Y-%m-%d-detail
>         AcctLogFileFormat %m %d %Y %H:%M:%S:%s NAS-IP-Address=%{NAS-IP-
> Address} NAS-Port=%{NAS-Port} User-Name=%{User-Name} Called-Station-Id=%
> {Called-Station-Id} Calling-Station-Id=%{Calling-Station-Id} Acct-
> Status-Type=%{Acct-Status-Type} Service-Type=%{Service-Type} Acct-
> Session-Id=%{Acct-Session-Id} Framed-Protocol=%{Framed-Protocol} Framed-
> IP-Address=%{Framed-IP-Address} Acct-Session-Time=%{Acct-Session-Time}
>         <AuthBy FILE>
>                 Filename %D/testusers
>         </AuthBy>
> </Handler>
>

> Can I see the difference by microseconds in logfile? If not what is the
> right configuration that I must create to be able to log the timestamp
> with microseconds in my logfile?
>

> Ray

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au