(RADIATOR) Edit session timeouts via radius

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Aug 22 04:43:59 CDT 2002

Hello Jaime -

Yes Radiator can send a Disconnect-Request, but only via proxy. Note
that the NAS acts as a radius *server* for the purposes of processing a
Disconnect-Request. You can use radpwtst to generate a
Disconnect-Request and either send it directly to the NAS, or proxy it
through Radiator (using an AuthBy RADIUS clause).

And as far as I know there is no way to change the session timeout on an
existing session on a NAS.

On Thursday, August 22, 2002, at 11:30 AM, Jaime Elizaga Jr. wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible for Radiator to send a disconnect request to a NAS?
> Also, we are currently implementing session timeouts on our users. Is
> is possible for Radiator so send something tto the NAS that would
> either decrease or increase the 'session timeout' counter on the NAS
> itself?
>
> Thanks for your replies..
>
> Jaime

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.