(RADIATOR) postcard from Switzerland

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 20 01:16:02 CDT 2002

Hello Everyone -

How lovely - I have brought summer with me to Switzerland!

I arrived in Bern on Sunday (via Singapore, Dubai and Zurich), to find
that the temperature was 35 degrees (C) and everyone was saying it was
the first real day of summer! As you can imagine people were taking
advantage of the break from the rain (there haven't been floods here,
but it has been very cold and wet), and spending the day outdoors.

Anyway, Switzerland is very much as you imagine it and see it portrayed
in movies and so on, but still it is quite delightful to look towards
the horizon pretty much anywhere and see snow-capped mountains in the
distance. The country is neat and tidy and very clean and everyone is
very friendly (even though it is the height of the tourist season).

Hopefully I will get to do some tourist things this week, and I will be
heading back to Melbourne on Saturday.

As usual, I will try to keep up with the email, but if I miss anything
please send it to me again next week.

cheers

Hugh

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au