(RADIATOR) Radiator AS a Proxy?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Aug 14 08:06:24 CDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Is it possible to use Radiator as a Proxy Radius?
>
> We have a customer who wants to be able to authenticate their own dialup
> users... so they can keep control of the passwords.....
>
> I am not completely against this, but would like to let them only
> authenticate users that we have approved....

Radiator can do this, but in a typical proxy radius setup, you would have
this customer's users dial in as user at customerdomain.com (whatever their
domain is) and you would pass these requests on to their radius server(s).
You can (and should) strip and add certain attributes to their radius
replies...but I'm not sure how you would handle proxy radius and approving
or denying access for certain users.  If you want to do that, what's the
point in proxying the authentication?

 Atlantic Net                |

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au