(RADIATOR) CalledStationId question

Paul Rolfe paul.rolfe at team.eftel.com
Thu Aug 1 00:22:32 CDT 2002

Hi,

Something like:

<Handler Called-Station-Id=99999999>
         <AuthBy INTERNAL>
                 AuthResult REJECT
                 DefaultResult REJECT
         </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=some.realm.here>
         .... Normal Auth Stuff here ...
</Handler>

Should do the trick.  Note the use of "Hanlder" instead of "Realm"

NB:  This is written from memory and not tested, so may require some fiddling.

At 09:19 PM 31/07/2002 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm trying to do something in my config file to intercept people that are
>dialing a certain number, and rejecting their authentication attempts
>completely.
>
>I have a multi-realm config, but I'm using CalledStationId.pm like this in
>one of the realms as a test:
>
><Realm goplaces.net>
>
><CalledStationId 2125554444>
>         # Log accounting for the misguided users
>        AcctLogFileName
> /var/log/radius/peopleThatShouldNotBeDialingThisNumber.txt
></CalledStationId>
>
>         # keep going through all AuthBy clauses
>         AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
>
>The AuthBy clauses for the realm follow these lines.
>
>Anyway, I really have no clue what I'm doing here, but I do know that this
>isn't working.  In a Trace 4 I never see anything interesting happening,
>and the peopleThatShouldNotBeDialingThisNumber.txt file doesn't get
>created, so no one is traversing this section apparently.
>
>Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  In essence, anyone calling
>2125554444 I want to be denied but any other number they dial it should go
>ahead and try to AuthBy them, etc.
>
>Thanks,
>Chris
>

>===
>Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
>Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
>'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.

Paul Rolfe
Online Operations Manager - EFTel Pty Ltd
QV1 Office: +61-8-94209999
Mandurah Office: +61-8-95861810
http://www.eftel.com

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au