(RADIATOR) Failed Attempts, Time::HiRes

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Apr 30 19:34:57 CDT 2002

Hello Dan -

On Wed, 1 May 2002 06:16, Dan Melomedman wrote:
> Hi.
>
> A few questions:
>
> How to log failed attempts to an SQL database?
> The table will look something like this:
>
> Column_name            Type      Length       Nullable
>  ---------------------- --------- -----------  -----------
> LoggedAt               datetime  8            yes
> User_Name              varchar   255          yes
> NAS_IP_Address         varchar   255          yes
> Authen_Failure_Reason  varchar   255          yes
> Author_Failure_Reason  varchar   255          yes
> Caller_ID              varchar   255          yes
> NAS_Port               varchar   255          yes
> Source_NAS             varchar   255          yes
> Description            varchar   255          yes

You would use the AuthLog SQL clause and define your own FailureQuery.

See section 6.50 in the Radiator 3.0 reference manual.
("doc/ref.html").

> I also installed the Time::HiRes module, but Radiator refuses to log with
> microseconds without any warning messages. Yes, I restarted the server
> completely, instead of SIGHUP.

On each of the lines that show the Timestamps you will see a six digit number
after the year (see below) which is the number of microseconds.

Wed May  1 10:31:15 2002 795300: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthGROUP

In this example '795300' is the number of microseconds.

> Also, some attributes are not found in the dictionary, I am using 'ascend2'
> in addition to 'dictionary'. I suspect these are proprietary Cisco
> attributes which are in the packet trace. Should I worry about this, or
> what's a quick and dirty method of disabling these error messages so they
> do not fill up the log? Thanks.

Please send me a trace 5 hex dump showing these attributes and I will take a
look to see what they are.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au