(RADIATOR) Failed Attempts, Time::HiRes

Dan Melomedman dmelomed at devonitnet.com
Tue Apr 30 15:16:47 CDT 2002

Hi.

A few questions:

How to log failed attempts to an SQL database?
The table will look something like this:

Column_name            Type      Length       Nullable
 ---------------------- --------- -----------  -----------
LoggedAt               datetime  8            yes
User_Name              varchar   255          yes
NAS_IP_Address         varchar   255          yes
Authen_Failure_Reason  varchar   255          yes
Author_Failure_Reason  varchar   255          yes
Caller_ID              varchar   255          yes
NAS_Port               varchar   255          yes
Source_NAS             varchar   255          yes
Description            varchar   255          yes

I also installed the Time::HiRes module, but Radiator refuses to log with
microseconds without any warning messages. Yes, I restarted the server
completely, instead of SIGHUP.

Also, some attributes are not found in the dictionary, I am using 'ascend2'
in addition to 'dictionary'. I suspect these are proprietary Cisco
attributes which are in the packet trace. Should I worry about this, or
what's a quick and dirty method of disabling these error messages so they do
not fill up the log? Thanks.
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au