(RADIATOR) Accounting SQL Question

Tony Bunce tonyb at go-concepts.com
Wed Apr 24 12:35:56 CDT 2002

Hello,

            I'm kinda stumped on a problem and I was hoping that someone
here could help.

He is what I want to do.
I want to be able to, from the accounting table, figure out what user
was on at a given time with a given ip address.

Here is the valid part of the conf:

                AccountingTable Accounting
                AcctColumnDef   Username,%U,formatted
                AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
                AcctColumnDef   AcctStatusType,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef   SessionID,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef   SessionTime,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef
DisconnectCause,Ascend-Disconnect-Cause,integer
                AcctColumnDef
ConnectProgress,Ascend-Connect-Progress,integer
                AcctColumnDef   NASIdentifier,NAS-Identifier
                AcctColumnDef   NASPort,NAS-Port,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ModemPort,Ascend-Modem-PortNo,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ModemSlot,Ascend-Modem-SlotNo,integer
                AcctColumnDef   IPAddress,Framed-Address
                AcctColumnDef   XmitRate,Ascend-Xmit-Rate
                AcctColumnDef   DataRate,Ascend-Data-Rate
                AcctColumnDef   Protocol,Framed-Protocol
                AcctColumnDef   CallerID,Caller-Id
                AcctColumnDef   Date,Timestamp,integer-date

I just can't figure out the SQL statement that will return the username
that I want

For example, I have a date and time 4/23/2002  12:16:56 and an IP
address (192.168.10.1) what SQL statement can I run to get the username

I know with mysql 4.0 you can do a "Union" like
(SELECT Username FROM Accounting where Date > '4/23/2002  12:16:56' and
IPAddress = '192.168.10.1' and AcctType='start')
UNION
(SELECT Username FROM Accounting where Date > '4/23/2002  12:16:56' and
IPAddress = '192.168.10.1' and AcctType='stop');

Does anyone know how to do anything like this for mysql 3.23.44?

Thanks,
Tony B, CCNA, Network+
Systems Administration
GO Concepts, Inc. / www.go-concepts.com
Are you on the GO yet?
What about those you know, are they on the GO?
513.934.2800
1.888.ON.GO.YET