(RADIATOR) AuthBy DYNADDRESS & Cisco 5300

Anthony D Cennami acennami at netscape.net
Thu Apr 18 09:58:07 CDT 2002

I seem to be having a problem with a Cisco 5300 / Radiator config.

If I hardcode an IP address into the users file (<AuthBy FILE>) all
seems to work well.  However, if I leave no IP address and attempt to
use the <AuthBy DYNADDRESS> following the AuthBy FILE, debug reports a
successful authentication and shows that an IP address was successfully
assigned, but the Cisco/Windows DialUp claims authentication failed and
closes the connection.

Is there a simple/known configuration on Radiator/Cisco that I am simply
overlooking?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony