(RADIATOR) creative AUTHBY SQLRADIUS?

Steve Katen skaten at o1.com
Fri Apr 12 11:11:48 CDT 2002

maybe this isn't that creative, but i cannot seem to get the logic to
work.  I have an AUTHBY RADIUS that works perfectly.  However, it is too
slow.  To make it faster Hugh told me to try the AUTHBY SQLRADIUS idea, and
so here I am.

I need an AUTHBY SQLRADIUDS / HostSelect that will be able to handle the
AUTHBY RADIUS below:

	<AuthBy RADIUS>
	        Identifier CheckRemoteRadius
		IgnoreAccounting
		IgnoreReplySignature
	 	ServerHasBrokenAddresses
		RejectEmptyPassword
		NoForwardAccounting
		NoDefault

                 #USERNAME = username
                 #PASSWORD = password
		<Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
			Secret xxxx
			AuthPort 1812
			Retries 3
			RetryTimeout 20
		</Host>
		# FAILOVER SERVER
		<Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
			Secret xxxx
			AuthPort 1812
			Retries 3
			RetryTimeout 20
		</Host>
	ReplyHook file:"/usr/local/radiator/hooks/AllocateIPAddressOnReplyFromProxy"
	# FILTER NAME: STATIC-ALLOW
	AllowInReply Framed-IP-Address,Session-Timeout,Ascend-Data-Filter,Idle-Timeout
	AddToReply
Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP,Framed-Netmask=255.255.255.255
	</AuthBy>

I have been able to get some information from the radiator documentation
and I have gotten this far:

<AuthBy SQLRADIUS>
         Identifier CheckRemoteRadius
         IgnoreAccounting
         IgnoreReplySignature
         ServerHasBrokenAddresses
         RejectEmptyPassword
         NoForwardAccounting
         NoDefault
         NumHosts 4
         HostSelect select TARGET_%0_AUTH, SHARED_SECRET, PORT, RETRIES,
TIMEOUT from PROXY2 where TARGET_%0_AUTH<>"" and DNIS=
substring('%{Called-Station-Id',7,4) and REALM='' and STATUS=1;
         replyHook
file:"/usr/local/radiator/hooks/AllocateIPAddressOnReplyFromProxy"
</AuthBy>

However, I run across a couple problems:
1) When I restart radius I get this error: WARNING: No Hosts defined for
Radius::AuthSQLRADIUS at /etc/radius.cfg line 120.  Did I forget
something?  I am assuming I Need to tell the AUTHBY SQLRADIUS what database
to use...
2) Can I dynamically load the IP address that is allocated based on the
replyHook?  Currently the IP address is allocated via the Handler.  I need
a way to pick the IP address out of different pools in the AUTHBY SQLRADIUS.
3) Can I dynamically load the AllowInReply and AddToReply attributes?  As
you see in the first AUTHBY RADIUS the attributes are there.  However, in
the AUTHBY SQLRADIUS they are not.  They would need to be assigned by the DNIS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

katen

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au