Realm Default not being seen

Joseph Nguta nguta at africaonline.co.zw
Mon Apr 8 08:47:19 CDT 2002

Hi
I have instaled and configured Radiator 2.19 on  Redhat 7.0 together with mySQL database for Authentication by SQL. I have one real for my local users and a DEFAULT for roaming users. The local realm (abcd.co.za) authenticates without  a hitch. However all other request that are supposed to be authenticated under DEFAULT realm don't work. The error message I get is :

Mon Apr  8 12:15:12 2002: WARNING: Could not find a handler for : request is ignored
Mon Apr  8 12:15:12 2002: DEBUG: Packet dump:

PLease help if you can

My config file below.

# common-sql.cfg
#
# Example Radiator configuration file that allows you to
# authenticate from an SQL database.
# With Radiator you can interface with almost any databse schema,
# and there are many more configurable parameters that allow you
# to control database fallback, select statements, column names
# and arrangements etc etc etc.
# See the reference manual for more details.
# This is a very simple exmaple to get you started. It will
# work with the tables created by the goodies/*.sql scripts.
#
# You should consider this file to be a starting point only
# $Id: sql.cfg,v 1.3 1999/07/29 02:38:10 mikem Exp $

Foreground
Trace 4
#LogStdout
LogDir /usr/local/etc/radius
LogFile         %L/logfile.%Y%m%d
DbDir           .

# You will probably want to change this to suit your site.
#<Client DEFAULT>
#       Secret  mysecret
#       DupInterval 0
#       IgnoreAcctSignature
#</Client>
#
# You can put client details in a database table
# and get their details from there with something like this:
<ClientListSQL>
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius
        DBUsername      root
        DBAuth
</ClientListSQL>

<Realm abcd.co.za>
     RewriteUsername s/\s+//g
     RewriteUsername s/\@abcd\.co\.za$//
    <AuthBy GROUP>
     AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
    <AuthBy SQL>
        # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
        AuthSelect select ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD,CHECKATTR,REPLYATTR from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME='%n'
        EncryptedPassword
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius
        DBUsername      root
        DBAuth
        # You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   FILTERID,Framed-Filter-Id
    </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy EXTERNAL>
         Command /usr/local/bin/afolexternalcheck.sh %u
         DecryptPassword
    </AuthBy>
    </AuthBy FILE>
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail.%Y%m%d
        PasswordLogFileName %L/passwd.%Y%m%d
</Realm>
# Default Realm to forward request for GRIC roaming
<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
                Host xxxxxxxxxxx
                Secret yyyyyyyyyy