(RADIATOR) AuthBy External und CHAP

Burkhard Bartelt Burkhard.Bartelt at NETUCATE.com
Wed Apr 3 12:14:17 CST 2002

Hello,

we are using <AuthBy EXTERNAL> since several years to authenticate PAP Users
and to decrypt with the special parameter "Decrypt Password". Currently we
are moving to a new provider. His Radius is sending us as Standard first a
CHAP Authentification. If CHAP fails he should send a PAP
Authentification.This is currently not working in our new Providers Radius
(MCI Worldcom). Therefore we need now to decrypt the CHAP Passsword. We
couldn't find how to do this in AuthBy EXTERNAL Could you please help.

FYI: Radiator Version is 2.19 / WIN 2000 Server /ActivePerl 5.1.6.630

Thanks a lot.

Burkhard Bartelt