(RADIATOR) SQL - server backup

Boer, A.P. de (Alexander) alexander.deboer at kpn.com
Wed Apr 3 07:00:05 CST 2002

Hi Mike,

Considering two SQL-servers (primary and backup) in a high availability
environment:

<AuthBy SQL>
		# Our main SQL server details
		DBSource	dbi:xxx:xxx
		DBUsername	????
		DBAuth		??

		# Fallback SQL server details
		DBSource	dbi:yyy:yyy
		DBUsername	????
		DBAuth		??

If I understand correctly: after the primary SQL-server fails Radiator
connects to the back-up SQL-server. Radiator remains connected to this
server until it fails and then tries to reconnect to the primary SQL-server.

I wonder if there is a way to force Radiator to reconnect to the primary
SQL-server, once it has become available again? To implement this Radiator
should periodically check the availability of the SQL-servers.

Cheers,

Alexander de Boer

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au