(RADIATOR) Vendor Attribute Problem in 2.18.4

Leigh Spiegel leigh at winshop.com.au
Sat Sep 29 12:42:58 CDT 2001

Hello,

I'm using Platypus 3 Build 584 in RadiusNT/Radiator mode and an emerald
style cfg file.

I've had to return back to 2.17.1 of radiator, after upgrading to 2.18.4 due
to this problem making it impossible to assign standard radius attributes.

There appears to be a problem with Radiator and the vendor attribute "Radius
Standard" in Platypus (returns 0 in the SQL Query)

select ra.RadAttributeID, ra.RadVendorID, ra.RadVendorType,
Data, Value, Type, RadCheck
from RadATConfigs rc, RadAttributes ra
where ra.RadAttributeID = rc.RadAttributeID
and ra.RadVendorID = rc.RadVendorID
and ra.RadVendorType = rc.RadVendorType
and rc.AccountType='PPP'

RadAttributeID RadVendorID RadVendorType Data
Value       Type        RadCheck
-------------- ----------- -------------
7              0           0             1
1           1           0
61             0           0             0
0           1           0
28             0           0             2700
2700        1           0
27             0           0             432000
432000      1           0
6              0           0             2

Basicly the database is returing "0" for the RadVendorID which is correct
for Radius Standard in the platypus database however Radiator is then trying
to find vendor "0" in the dictionary which doesn't exist because it should
be the a non vendor specific attribute.  Something has changed either in the
SQL Query or Radiators action for the RadVendorID of 0 as
it now produces errors in the log eg:

Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: ERR: Attribute number 0 (vendor ) is not defined
in your dictionary
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: ERR: Attribute number 0 (vendor ) is not defined
in your dictionary
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: ERR: Attribute number 0 (vendor ) is not defined
in your dictionary
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: ERR: Attribute number 0 (vendor ) is not defined
in your dictionary
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: WARNING: No such attribute Unknown
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: WARNING: No such attribute Unknown
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: WARNING: No such attribute Unknown
Sun Sep 30 02:25:22 2001: WARNING: No such attribute Unknown

The new DNIS Group features in 2.18.4 seem to be working from a glace at
some trace 4 logs, very neat I didn't get a chance to test that properly
before having to cut back to the old verion.

If there is a way to fix this please let me know.

Regards,

Leigh Spiegel
Director
WinShop Internet Pty Ltd