(RADIATOR) Re: Fwd: BOUNCE radiator at open.com.au: Message too long (>40000 chars)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Sep 27 23:28:38 CDT 2001

Hello -

> Hi Hugh,
> I have another problem. as I pass the requests from the proxy server to
> the default realm at startup of the proxy I am sending request that are
> messing up the default server.
>
> When running radius I never had any problem and still do not,
>
> below is what I am talking about.
> please advise best way around this,

The requests that you show in the debug trace are configuration requests from
an Ascend MAX. You can turn these requests off on the MAX as shown in the
following item from the Radiator FAQ:

71. My TNT sends authentication request for silly user names like "banner",
"route1" etc By Default Ascend TNT will try to configure itself at startup by
asking for various configuraiton items from the Radius server.

You can turn this behaviour off with:

	read EXTERNAL-AUTH
	set rad-auth-client allow-auth-config-rqsts = no

To turn off the Remote config for a Max it's the following

	Ethernet->Mod Config->TServ options->Remote Conf=No

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au