(RADIATOR) SessionDatabase SQL

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Sep 7 19:14:37 CDT 2001

Hello Colin -

On Saturday 08 September 2001 00:31, C. J. Ambler wrote:
> Hi Hugh,
> 	Just a comment re simultaneous-use.
> 	I am surprised that the default AddQuery inputs the username to the
> RADONLINE table as %u, the username before any rewrites.
> If the user then later does a second login, say capitalising one of the
> letters of the username, then the CountQuery would not reject the
> simultaneous use. I would have thought it should default to either %n or
> %U, ie. after any rewrites have been accomplished, and the name as
> authenticated.

The reason that this is done is to enable Radiator to query the NAS directly
if strict session limit checking is being done. This is because the NAS
(usually) stores the username as it was entered by the user, which by
definition is before any rewrites.

The reason I say usually is because there are some NAS(s) that will accept
the User-Name attribute in an access accept, and will use that for subsequent
accounting requests and so on.

In any case, we give you access to the queries and the table layout for the
session database so you can change it to whatever you need - specifically you
can set up two columns for the original username and the rewritten username
and then change the queries to count the rewritten entries while still using
the original entry for strict checking.

Hope this clarifies things.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au