Logging to file without open/close per message

sthaug at enitel.net sthaug at enitel.net
Mon Sep 3 14:46:29 CDT 2001

We log out Radiator account messages to file, with the LogFile keyword.
However, both this and <Log FILE> results in the logfile being opened
and closed once per message logged. As far as we can see, this is a
reasonably significant source of overhead.

I know we can use SYSLOG logging, but it seems to me we would get the
least amount of overhead by logging to a file which was kept open all
the time (only closed for log rotation). Is there an easy way to do
this?

Steinar Haug, Enitel Internet

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au