(RADIATOR) Problems with 5800

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 31 21:28:43 CST 2001

Hello Lisa -

>Hi all,
>
>I'm hoping someone out there has seen similar problems.
>
>In our set up of proxies and customer radius servers(all Radiators) we
>periodically experience near blackouts. The users get a busy signal. The
>problems occur only with Cisco 5800s. The Nortel CVX arena is usually
>uneventful. The 5800 sees the PPP queues getting fuller and fuller. It sees
>no timeouts from the proxies or any errors they can zoom in on. From the
>radiator side, I don't see any abnormal messages. I just see Access-Requests
>getting to be fewer and fewer.
>
>Many of us have been trying to pinpoint the source of the problem,
>unsuccessfully. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would
>appreciate any suggestions.

It sounds to me like you should be looking at the Cisco (probably
with some judicious use of the Cisco "debug" command), and/or a
packet sniffer on the wire to see where the problem is actually
occuring. You should also look at a Radiator trace 4 debug, but your
description seems to suggest that the radius requests actually
arriving are being handled promptly.

On the Cisco make sure to check the "show proc" and "show mem"
outputs to see where the memory and/or cycles are being used.

You should probably check the Cisco web site for known bugs and upgrades.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au