(RADIATOR) Re: (RADIATOR-ANNOUNCE) Version 2.19 released

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Mon Oct 29 12:09:45 CST 2001

El 28 Oct 2001 a las 13:08, Mike McCauley escribió:

> We are pleased to announce the release of Radiator version 2.19
> This version provides native RSA SecurID certification, some
> significant new features for proxying, many minor new features and
> some bug fixes.
>
> New AuthBy SQLRADIUS provides proxying based on an SQL table. Looks up
> the target radius server from an SQL table that can depend on Realm,
> Called-Station-Id etc. Complictated indirect target mapping is also
> suported. Useful for managing large number of remotes servers, such as
> in a wholesale ISP. Example tables in goodies/*.sql, plus example
> config file in goodies/sqlradius.cfg. Obsoletes
> goodies/AuthSQLRadius.pm.
Great idea!

> New AuthBy INTERNAL allows you to handle different types of requests
> in fixed, parameterised ways.
Coooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Added MainLoopHook which is called once per second during the main
> dispatch loop.
Nice to see my own proposals implemented :-)

> Fixed a problem with timers persisting through a HUP or
> reset. Identified by "Mariano Absatz" (radiator at lists.com.ar).
THANX...

BTW, to the rest of the list, the "hot-fix" for this, when reported,
took EXACTLY 6 hours, including, probably, Mike sleep hours.
YOU DON'T GET BETTER USER SUPPORT THAN THIS ANYWHERE AT ANY PRICE!!!!

> Test Oracle radius authentication: Oracle 8 can authenticate Oracle
> users through Radius. Note: Oracle always upper-cases user names. See
> the Radiator FAQ for more details.  goodies/sybaseCreate.sql did not
> drop RADLOG.
Nice... I hope I never have to use this ;-)

> Added StripFromRequest and AddToRequest parameters to Handler and
> Realm.
Great!

> Added new SQL AcctColumnDef type 'literal' that lets you build columns
> literally. No quotes are applied.
Also interesting...

> Added new global parameter DefineFormattedGlobalVar like
> DefineGlobalVar but which honours special formatting
> characters. DefineGlobalVar is now deprecated, and will be removed one
> day.
Great!!!!! It even has the same name I used so I don't have to upgrade
my config files
So good to see my code in production... I might get to think I even
remember how to code from when I was young...
:-))))))))))

> Added AddToRequestIfNotExist parameter to Handlers and Realms AuthBy
> RADIUS now also honours AccountingStartsOnly, AccountingStopsOnly and
> AccountingAlivesOnly.
Great!... everything should be available at a Handler-level...

> Added new pseudo reply item Exec-Program which runs an external
> program only if the user successfully authenticates. Similar to
> Exec-Program in Cistron. Suggested by "Klaas Koopman"
> (klaas at isd-holland.nl).
Nice one.

> --
> Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au
> Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++,
WWW
> 24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   http://www.open.com.au
> Phone +61 3 9598-0985                       Fax   +61 3 9598-0955

> Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
> on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
> 'unsubscribe radiator-announce' in the body of the message.

How good to see the best (only?) product in its class get better and
better!!

FYI, I have just developed a system based on Radiator/Oracle/Apache
w/mod_perl of which the customer said "I couldn't find anything close to
this flexibility". And I KNOW they've reviewed a bunch of commercial
radius server...

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby