(RADIATOR) AuthBy SQLRADIUS and Rewrite

Mark - Orcon Support mark at orcon.net.nz
Sun Oct 28 14:41:28 CST 2001

The new SQLRADIUS function looks awesome, so thanks Hugh and the team for
all your work on the continued new features for Radiator.

I was however wondering if there was a way to use per-host rewrite rules for
usernames and still look up the proxies from an SQL table.

Eg. we have 8 or so wholesale clients, which we proxy radius to -- and this
is growing which is why the SQL table would be great; but some of the
customers have radius servers or operators, which can't handle it when
realms or the like are being passed  through as the proxy username (or vice
versa).

Thus for some of our proxy-customers, we strip the realm for them before
sending it to them.  Is there a way to do this using the SQLRADIUS handler?

Also; whilst I think about it -- what is the best way to apply PoolHints/etc
(we don't let the proxy-customer choose their PoolHint).

I'm guessing this could be handled by a PostAuthHook - and we could perform
a lookup on the same database, looking for different columns -- but I
wondered if there was anything better.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark Mackay,