(RADIATOR) AddToReply also in accounting?

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Wed Oct 17 15:54:50 CDT 2001

Hi Wim,

I guess your problem comes from doing accounting & authentication in the same
<AuthBy ...> clause.

You should (correct me, Hugh if I'm wrong)

<AuthBy WhatEver>
   Identifier auth-only

   "all the stuff related with authentication
   including the AddToReply"
</AuthBy WhatEver>

<AuthBy WhatEver>
   Identifier acct-only

   "all the stuff related with accounting
   NOT including the AddToReply"
</AuthBy WhatEver>

<Handler Request-Type=Access-Request>
  AuthBy auth-only
</Handler>

<Handler Request-Type=Accounting-Request>
  AuthBy acct-only
</Handler>

El 17 Oct 2001, a las 17:55, Wim Biemolt escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the AddToReply(IfNotExist) command to add certain attributes.
> Like a Framed-IP-Address to assign an IP-address if none was specified.
> According to the reference manual (2.18.4) AddToReply "Adds attributes
> to Access-Accepts before replying to the originating client". However I
> noticed that the AddToReply(IfNotExist) command also seem to affect the
> Accounting-Response:
>
>    *** Sending to 10.20.30.40 port 1813 ....
>    Code:       Accounting-Response
>    Identifier: 156
>    Authentic:  R<187><230>"<238>!<25><<181>i<10>n.n}Y
>    Attributes:
>            Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.192.168
>
> Although everything is working fine, I don't need this attribute in the
> Accounting-Response and according to the reference manual this isn't
> the correct behavior. Is this a bug?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Wim -/- SURFnet

Mariano Absatz