(RADIATOR) AddressAllocator SQL

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 17 01:17:04 CDT 2001

Hello Harrison -

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 15:45, Harrison Ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have multiple 'AllocateQuery' statement in
> <AddressAllocator>, similar to multiple 'AuthSelect' in <AuthBy SQL>.
>
> In some occasion our RAS won't send accounting stop, so we are running out
> of ip address. So we need to reclaim those unused ip address before actual
> 'AllocateQuery'. 'ReclaimQuery' won't help in this situation, because our
> 'DefaultLeasePeriod' is 7 days.

No this is not possible.

I think you have three options.

1. get your vendor to fix the problem with lost stop records

2. use a shorter DefaultLeasePeriod

3. write an external program that will scan the address table and ascertain
which ones are still in use and which ones are not, freeing those that are not

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au