(RADIATOR) creating "permissions" for users

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Oct 9 02:33:33 CDT 2001

Hello Irwan -

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 16:57, ISMAIL,IRWAN (HP-Malaysia,ex1) wrote:
> I am currently using AuthBy FILE to authenticate a few network devices.
> But soon I would need to authenticate applications that support PAP/CHAP
> as well. Is this possible? How do I go about doing this?

You just need to define a Client clause for each IP address that will be
sending radius requests, together with the Handlers or Realms that will
process the requests in whatever AuthBy is required.

> I need to create "permissions" for the authenticated users, whereby they
> are only allowed to access devices/applications that is defined for them.
> Can I do this? For example, in the USERS file, I have a user named Mary
> who can be authenticated for Router1, Router2 and Router3. But user Joe
> can only authenticate for Router3 and Router4.

One way to do this is with Identifiers in the corresponding Client clauses.

# define Clients

<Client 1.1.1.1>
	Identifier Restricted-Access-1
</Client>

<Client 2.2.2.2>
	Identifier Restricted-Access-2
</Client>

Then in the users file you would have something like this:

# define users

someuser	Client-Identifier = Restricted-Access-1, Password = .....

anotheruser	Client-Identifier = Restricted-Access-2, Password = .....

superuser	Client-Identifer = /Restricted-Access-[12]/, Password = ....

There are many other possibilities - this is just one.

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au