(RADIATOR) DefaultSimultaneousUse and Simultaneous-Use

Paul Rolfe paul.rolfe at team.eftel.com
Thu Oct 4 22:47:09 CDT 2001

Hi,

Is there a specific reason DefaultSimultaneousUse checks check against
"$usernasme" (rewritten):

     # Check the DefaultSimultaneousUse if we did not get a per-user
     # one. Warning, dont do it if we were called by a Handler
     if (!$did_sim_use
         && $self
         && defined $self->{DefaultSimultaneousUse}
         &&
Radius::SessGeneric::find($p->{Handler}->{SessionDatabase})->exceeded($self->{DefaultSimultaneousUse},
$username, $p))
     {
         return ($main::REJECT,
                 "DefaultSimultaneousUse of $self->{DefaultSimultaneousUse}
exceeded");
     }

whilst Simultaneous-Use checks check against $p->{OriginalUserName} (the
original username):

             # Now we know the max number of permitted sessions
             # Ask the session database to tell us if its too many
             if
(Radius::SessGeneric::find($p->{Handler}->{SessionDatabase})->exceeded($max_sessions,
$p->{OriginalUserName}, $
p))
             {
                 return ($main::REJECT,
                         "Simultaneous-Use of $max_sessions exceeded");
             }

This is from Radiator 2.18.4.  Surely they should both check the Original
(presented at the NAS) username?

Paul Rolfe
Online Operations Manager - EFTel Pty Ltd
QV1 Office: +61-8-94814999
Mandurah Office: +61-8-95861810
http://www.eftel.com

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
  -- Confucius

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au