(RADIATOR) 2 questions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Oct 4 18:22:20 CDT 2001

Hello Anton -

On Friday 05 October 2001 14:31, Anton Krall wrote:

> > Guys..  I have 2 questions:

Only two?

:-)

> 1. I need to send the accounting info to 2 diff. databases so I created
> 2 sessiondatbases clauses.... now.. my question is... can I send the
> accounting using 2 sessiondatbase clauses inside the same realm clause?
> and also.. I defined in my realm 2 authby SQL clauses each with its won
> acctdef stuff... will this send the accounting to the 2 datases?

You will need 2 AuthBy SQL clauses, not two session databases.

Something like this:

# define AuthBy(s)

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier AcctSQL1
	AuthSelect
	AccountingTable .....
	AcctColumnDef .....

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier AcctSQL2
	AuthSelect
	AccountingTable .....
	AcctColumnDef .....

<AuthBy ....>
	Identifier YourNormalAuthBy

#define Realm(s)

<Realm .....>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
	AuthBy AcctSQL1
	AuthBy AcctSQL2
	AuthBy YourNormalAuthBy
</Realm>

> 2. I have a configuration problem.. I have 2 kinds of users here.. the
> first type of users are able to dialin using a certain phone number..
> but I have some ports that will only be accepsible for certain
> usernames... what I was thinking is using 2 authby FILE clauses.. the
> first will check for certain users.. and if the users is not there..
> then go checfk the second authby file and check if the user is in ther..
> if he is.. then check the called-tation-id and allwo him to get in.. if
> he is not in the list... then do not alow him to get inside certain
> phone number ports.. will this work? how can I connect 2 authby files
> toghether and then go check a authby dbfle for the pw after all checks?

Why don't you just have a single AuthBy FILE with different check items for
the different users?

# define users

user1	Called-Station-Id = 1112222, Password = .....

user2	Called-Station-Id = 4445555, Password = ....

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au