(RADIATOR) Radiator and RAdmin WinNT Help

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Oct 4 02:21:20 CDT 2001

Hello John -

The latest versions are Radiator 2.18.4 and Radmin 1.5.

On Thursday 04 October 2001 08:32, John Edward wrote:

> > Hello
>
> We have bought Radiator and Radmin, we installed Radiator 2.18.2 using
> an AuthNT.pm file from a old version 2.14.x because the AuthNT.pm
> version 2.18.2 never worked fine.

You should upgrade to the latest version.

> We have several questions about the functionality from Radiator y Radmin
>
> 1. The Radius is working but in any time the users are rejected from
> Radius Server and the user account is blocked from Windows NT. We did
> the following test.
>
> We made a call from a remote station and the user was auth fine, a few
> hours later we try to connect again with same user and was not
> possible, Radius always rejected the connection and WinNT PDC blocked
> the user account, we restart the Radius Server and unblocked the user
> account We try again and we could connect.
>
> What is the problem? Is the radius server hang up?

I don't think so - it looks more like a problem with NT.

> 2. We bought Radmin, but we need to validate the users on WinNT PDC
> (three PDCs) and manage the sessions and the statistics with Radmin, I
> did all steps that you describe in the Radmin Reference Manual, finally
> I had to create the tables manually and the RADONLINE is the only one
> table that I can use with the RADWHO.PL perl script. If I try to access
> the Radmin WebPage this message: "SORRY. You do not have permissions to
> do that (V_USER)" always appears with any script.
>
> In the SQL 7 EnterpriseManager I can see the database connection but
> the tables are empty.
>
> The server has WinNT 4.0 SP6a. IIS OptionPack 4, MS-SQL 7.0 ActiveState
> Perl 5, dbi modules.

Thanks for the information, but I think I will need some description from you
of what you are trying to accomplish, as I don't understand your requirements.

thanks

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au