(RADIATOR) Concurrency limit and platypus

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Nov 28 15:04:51 CST 2001

Hello Cameron -

>Hi Everyone,
>
>We've been experiencing a few issues since we switched to radiator running
>into concurrency limits for various customers.
>Users who haven't logged in for a day or two have their access rejected due
>to violation of their simultaneous use. We use the platypus billing system
>and essentially use the authby emerald module to authenticate.
>
>We had to modify our authemerald.pm file to correctly enforce session limits
>as we were unable to supply a full list of NAS addresses. And everything has
>worked perfectly aside from this issue. The only solution we found to
>temporarily supply access to our customers was to increase their
>simultaneous use limit in our plat database. Obviously this isn't the ideal
>solution, which is why i'm posting this to the list. Our system
>configuration is a redhat box running radiator connecting via the sybase DBI
>drivers to our sql server odbc connection directly so any issues with
>windows memory caching wouldnt seem to be an issue.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas why customers are likely to be denied access when
>they aren't violating the rules for simultaneous use specified in the
>database?

The reason for this sort of problem is almost always missing
accounting records, specifically accounting stops in this case.

You will need to look at a trace 4 debug from Radaitor to ascertain
exactly what is happening.

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au