(RADIATOR) Call Failure Rates?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Nov 26 16:05:51 CST 2001

Hello Sean -

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 01:04, Sean Watkins wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently installed radiator.
>
> When users connect to our TNT(s) and fail to connect, Radiator inserts an
> accounting  record into my radius billing table.
>
> In looking at it, I have come upon some alarming statistics, and wanted to
> know whether other people are seeing such numbers.
>
> At times, the call failure rate into us is nearly 50%? It moves around a
> fair bit, but in the past couple of weeks it has averaged around 50%.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this sort of failure rate? I really have no benchmark
> to compare to.

I think you need to verify two things. First check that the accounting
records are all unique (ie. there are no retransmissions occuring). Second,
you should run an automated dialer yourself using some form of scripting to
see what happens when you dial different POP's to verify the reasons for the
failures.

What disconnect cause is given in the accounting records?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au