(RADIATOR) Problems Setting up Radiator

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Nov 25 17:15:55 CST 2001

Hello Scott -

On Sunday 25 November 2001 11:13, Scott Brown wrote:
> 1. <Log SQL>
> When Trace  is set to 4 in both <Log SQL> and <Log File>
> the returns in Log File report that it is unable to record the dump packes
> to <Log SQL>
> is there a special insert statment that is required for <Log SQL> ??

I will need to see a copy of your configuration file (no secrets) together
with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening.

BTW - have you properly installed and configured your database and the
DBSource, DBUsername and DBAuth statements in the <Log SQL> clause?

Note that you will also have to install the DBI and DBD modules to be able to
connect to your database.

> 2. <AuthBy SQL>
> How do I configure the Auth statement for the following limits
> *	Simultaneous-Use eg One user is allows 1 logon but another is
> allowed 3 logons ?
> *	Time of Day limit eg a user is only allowed access after 7pm at
> night

You will first of all have to set up the appropriate tables in your database,
then you can use the AuthSelect statement to do whatever is required.

An example configuration would look like this:

# define AuthBy SQL clause

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckSQL
	DBSource dbi:...:...
	DBUsername radius
	DBAuth radiuspw
	AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CHECKATTR, REPLYATTR \
		from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME = '%n'
	AuthColumnDef 0, Password, check
	AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, check
	AuthColumnDef 2, GENERIC, reply
	AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
	AcctColumnDef .....

The CHECKATTR and REPLYATTR columns would then contain the check items and
reply items respectively like this:

	Simultaneous-Use = 1, .....

Have a look at section 6.28 in the Radiator reference manual (included in the
distribution in the file "doc/ref.html").

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au