(RADIATOR) radiator: no reply

Peter Zhu peterz at uniware.com.au
Wed Nov 21 17:47:29 CST 2001

Hello,

We (OzIsp P/L) have just bought your product thru' Leading Edge.

We are implementing a new Billing System (to us) which utilises the
Interbase database. The developer (who has also written a Radius product
and
thus is familiar with the functionality/technology/??) can establish
communication with the database but cannot get the password to verify

We are able to set up OK authentication using a simple flat file.

Is there a problem or trick re the interbase database or password
authentication and the interbase database.

We apparently cannot find anything relevant in your help files.

Would much appreciate some feedback ASAP, I have attached some relevant
technical detail.

we use win2000 server, and installed dbi and dbd-odbc

when we use our config file (iacbs.cfg, try to use interbase ),

When I do a radpwtst, I have got message:

>sending Access-Request...
>No reply
>sending Accounting-Request Start...
>No reply
>sending Accounting-Request Stop...
>No reply

here is configure file:  iacbs.cfg

#
# Configuration file for Radiator radius server
# This config file is used for testing the server (see test.pl)
# but it also demonstrates and documents most of the available
# objects and keywords that are supported.
#

Foreground
LogStdout
Trace  3
PidFile  ./radiusd.pid

AuthPort 1812
AcctPort 1813

#BindAddress 192.168.0.196

LogDir  .
DbDir  .

LogFile  %L/logfile.txt
DictionaryFile %D/dictionary

<Client 192.168.0.196>
 Secret xxxx
 DupInterval 0
</Client>

<Client 127.0.0.1>
 Secret xxxx
 DupInterval 0
</Client>

<Realm DEFAULT>
 RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
#RewriteUsername        tr/[A-Z]/[a-z]/

 AcctLogFileName %L/accounting/%Y-%m/detail.%d

 <AuthBy SQL>
  DBSource dbi:ODBC:IACBS
  DBUsername IACBS
  DBAuth  xxxxx
  AuthSelect select ACCESS_PASSWD from ACCOUNTS where USERNAME='%n'

  AccountingTable VOP_ACCOUNTING

  AcctColumnDef LOGDATE,Timestamp,integer-date,%e/%m/%Y
  AcctColumnDef LOGTIME,Timestamp,integer-date,%T
  AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
  AcctColumnDef NASIPADDRESS,NAS-IP-Address
  AcctColumnDef NASPORTID,NAS-Port,integer
  AcctColumnDef SERVICETYPE,Service-Type
  AcctColumnDef FRAMEDPROTOCOL,Framed-Protocol
  AcctColumnDef FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
  AcctColumnDef CALLINGSTATIONID,Calling-StationID
  AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
  AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
  AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
  AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
  AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
  AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
  AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTPACKETS,Acct-Input-Packets,integer
  AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTPACKETS,Acct-Output-Packets,integer
  AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
  AcctColumnDef NASPORTTYPE,NAS-Port-Type
  AcctColumnDef CONNECTINFO,Connect-Info,integer
  AcctColumnDef SESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
  AcctColumnDef CALLED_NO,Called-Station-Id
  AcctColumnDef XMIT_RATE,Ascend-Xmit-Rate,integer

  Timeout 60
  FailureBackoffTime 30
 </AuthBy>

</Realm>