(RADIATOR) SNMP Agent

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Tue Nov 13 09:08:13 CST 2001

El 13 Nov 2001 a las 9:54, Andrew escribió:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a Radiator newbie and am wondering if somebody can provide me with some
> insight into the SNMP Agent. I have enabled the agent in my config file with a
> community other than 'public'. However, my 'logfile' keeps filling up with;
> WARNING: SNMPAgent: wrong community: 'public'. Request from 202.xxx.xxx.xxx
> ignored (that ip address is the localhost) I can't seem to figure out what's
> generating the request here.
Are you on a windows system? I've seen really weird SNMP trafic on these...
e.g. HP's network printers and other devices speak SNMP with agents on PC's
and expect to see the "public" community everywhere...

If that is your case, it might be better if you run Radiator's SNMP agent on
a non-standard port so it doesn't interact with other SNMP processes... In
fact, I even do this on Unix, since I use SNMP to monitor Radiator as well as
other stuff provided by OS agents. I'm also using SNMP to restart Radiator
and it works OK.

> Regards,
> Andrew.
> andrewb at acenet.net.au