(RADIATOR) Session Limits for PPPoE

Mike Greene mikeg at rockisland.com
Fri Nov 2 14:38:40 CST 2001

Hello,

We have just started using the session limit for our TotalControl and
Livingston NAS'es with pretty good results.  I'm now looking into how we
can poll our Cisco 7206VXR for aDSL connections.  I see that Radiator
utilizes the VPDN feature, but doesn't support the PPPoE listing, which
when you run

'sh vpdn sess'

it doesn't display the username, but if you run 'systat' it will, although
usernames are truncated in the display I don't know if they would be by
polling via SNMP.

The reason I'm looking into this is because we utilize the same radius
server and username/password for both dial-up as we do aDSL, so it is
possible that a customer could have an active aDSL connection, and a
dial-up connection from another computer or site.

How do others deal with this issue?

- Mike

Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au