LOOKOUT - VIRUS (was:Re: Re: (RADIATOR) Radiator accouting on mysql Mexico)

Mariano Absatz lradius at pert.com.ar
Wed May 23 08:41:18 CDT 2001

Hi People, Hi Faez,

I know it's probably a little late... I'm setting high priority on this
message, but as every mailer uses different means to do that, I guess
many people won't notice that.

This morning (or whatever, depending on where in the world you are), I
received a direct reply to each of the messages I sent to the list in the
last days.

The format was the same ('My Name' wrote:, then the contents of my
message indented with '-'s and a "Take a look to the attachment." note in
the end). The attachment had different names but all simulating being a
doc or zip file, having, in the end a ".pif" or ".scr" extension. I know
many mailers, depending on the OS configuration, don't show the extension
for known extensions, so you might not see it.

The attachment was, obviously, a virus, that my antivirus identified as
"W32.Badtrans.13312 at mm" and the messages were apparently sent from a
"Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6700".

Moral is... don't open attachments that you don't know exactly what they
are EVEN if it seems a reply to a message of your AND it comes from a
know person... here I don't know Faez, but I guess all of his friends
received answers to real messages sent to him.

Faez, if you read this, please, clean up you computer.

El 23 May 2001, a las 13:56, Faez Itrat escribió:

> 'Mariano Absatz' wrote:
> ====
> - El 9 May 2001, a las 10:02, Anton Krall escribió:
> -
> - > Date:         	Wed, 9 May 2001 10:02:59 -0500
> - > From:         	Anton Krall <akrall at team.inter.net>
> - > To:           	radiator at open.com.au
> - > Subject:      	(RADIATOR) Radiator accouting on mysql Mexico
> - <JOKE>¿mysql funciona distinto en Mexico que en ot ...'
>

> > Take a look to the attachment.

Mariano Absatz
El Baby
You look like shit. Is that the style now?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au