(RADIATOR) Problem with AuthBy RADIUS after upgrade to 2.18.1

mark at eclipse.net.uk mark at eclipse.net.uk
Wed May 16 13:06:12 CDT 2001

Hi,

We have been running Radiator 2.16.3 for sometime and recently upgraded
to 2.18.1.  Since doing this we have experience problems with a some
handlers
that use AuthBy Radius and AuthBy LDAP, I am not sure if it is a bug with
2.18.1 or just a duff config that happened to work by chance under 2.16.3 ?

Handler config is as follows:
<snip>
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
                Host n.n.n.n,n.n.n.n
                Secret xxxxxxxx
                LocalAddress n.n.n.n
                NoForwardAuthentication
        </AuthBy>
        <AuthBy LDAP>
                Host            127.0.0.1
                Port            389
                AuthDN          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                AuthPassword    xxxxxxxxxxxx
                HoldServerConnection
                BaseDN          xxxxxxxxxxx
                SearchFilter    (&(uid=$name)(objectstatus=enable))
                UsernameAttr    uid
                PasswordAttr    userpassword
                AuthAttrDef     rasservicetype,Service-Type,check
                AuthAttrDef     etc, etc
                AddToReplyIfNotExist
Service-Type="Framed-User",Framed-Protocol="PPP"
                NoDefault
        </AuthBy>
<snip>

Under 2.18.1 it will authenticate the user and return no attributes.  Under
2.16.3 it works
fine.  If I remove the <AuthBy Radius> then the attributes are returned
correctly, but
I don't log accounting records :(

Is this a problem with 2.18.1 or is my config fundamentally flawed !

Mark

--
Eclipse Internet - Network Operations <noc at eclipse.net.uk>
Tel: 01392 333309 Fax: 01392 333319 Web: http://www.eclipse.co.uk/