(RADIATOR) Online SQL database

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu May 10 01:29:08 CDT 2001

Hello Griff -

On Thursday 10 May 2001 10:51, Griff Hamlin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In using an SQL session database, and then a DefaultSimultaneousLogin
> with 3 servers (2 for authentication and 1 for accounting) I find that
> sometimes a stop record does not make it to the accounting server and
> there fore the user remains in the Session database and is denied
> further access. With as many routers and modems as we have that we do
> not own, it is not practical to have to querry them each time to see if
> the user is still on, we have to be able to trust the database. My
> question is, does Radiator provide facility to purge the database of
> records that are over 2 hours old, or some specified time. That way,
> customers whose stop records don't make it to us will still be
> authenticated when they try back later. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

As you will have seen from the debug logs, Radiator tries to be self-healing
in the face of lost accounting packets by doing a preventative delete on the
session database for every new request (using the NAS/NAS-Port combination).
For further processing of the session database as you describe above, you
will have to write a cron job or similar to do whatever housekeeping you wish
to undertake.

Otherwise if you get a support call from the customer, you could easily
provide a web page for your help desk staff so they could delete the stale
entry manually.

If I were you though, I would try to find out why you are losing stop records.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au