(RADIATOR) 128k isdn dialup

Chris Rockett chris at freedom2.com
Tue Jun 19 08:24:25 CDT 2001

Hi,

Here are the things that u asked for, many thanks for the quick response
and sorry about the state of the config file :)

************* radius.cfg ***********************************

# radius.cfg
#
# Configuration file for radius server

# LogStdout makes all log file output appear on stdout as well
# You must be running in Foreground mode for this to work
LogStdout

#normally use trace 3
Trace   4

PidFile /var/run/radiusd.pid
AuthPort        1645
AcctPort        1646

BindAddress tweedledum

#DictionaryFile %D/dictionary
DictionaryFile %D/dictionary.acc

# There are a number of other optional configuration items
# for optional NAS communications. See the reference manual.
# you only need these if you specify Simultaneous-Use and
# a specific NasType in a <Client> statement
# FingerProg defaults to an internal client. If you specify
# a program name for FingerProg, it wil luse that program instead
# of the internal client.
#FingerProg     /bin/finger
#SnmpgetProg    /usr/bin/snmpget
#PmwhoProg      /usr/local/sbin/pmwho

#LivingstonMIB  .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.307
#LivingstonOffs 29
#LivingstonHole 2
SnmpgetProg     /usr/local/bin/snmpget

<Client **nas-ip-removed**>
        Secret **removed**
        NasType Tigris

</Client>

<Client **hostmachine-ip-removed**>
        Secret **removed**
</Client>
#UUNet radius proxies

#danproxy200.dan.uu.net
<Client 195.129.12.2>

#                        danproxy201.dan.uu.net toll210.dan.uu.net
danproxy201.dan.uu.net
        IdenticalClients 195.129.12.34          195.129.12.42
195.129.12.50
        Secret **removed**
        DupInterval 60

        DefaultRealm argonet
</Client>

# 0820 number

<Handler Realm=education.navaho.net,Time="Wk0800-1800",Called-Station-Id=08208420000>
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        PasswordLogFileName %L/passwordlog
        AcctLogFileName %L/accounting

        <AuthBy LDAP>
                HoldServerConnection

#  auth should have another user
                AuthDN          cn=admin,dc=navaho,dc=net
                AuthPassword    lnflashd

                BaseDN          dc=education,dc=navaho,dc=net
                UsernameAttr    uid
                PasswordAttr    userpassword
                AuthAttrDef     iphostnumber,Framed-IP-Address,reply

                AddToReply Service-Type = Framed,\
                        Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                        Framed-MTU = 1500,\
                        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,\
                        Session-Timeout="until 1800"
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

# not 0820 number....
<Handler Realm=education.navaho.net,Called-Station-Id=179700>
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        PasswordLogFileName %L/passwordlog
        AcctLogFileName %L/accounting

        <AuthBy LDAP>
                HoldServerConnection

#  auth should have another user
                AuthDN          cn=admin,dc=navaho,dc=net
                AuthPassword    lnflashd

                BaseDN          dc=education,dc=navaho,dc=net
                UsernameAttr    uid
                PasswordAttr    userpassword
                AuthAttrDef     iphostnumber,Framed-IP-Address,reply

                AddToReply Service-Type = Framed,\
                        Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                        Framed-MTU = 1500,\
#                       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,\
                        Idle-Timeout = 300,\
#                       Port-Limit = 1
                        Simultaneous-Use = 2
#                       Session-Timeout="until 0800"
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

# UUNet ISP backup

<Handler Realm=argonet>
        RewriteUsername   tr/A-Z/a-z/
        RewriteUsername s/^ukarg\/(.*)@.*$/$1/
        PasswordLogFileName %L/argonet-passwordlog

        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/argonet-users
                Dynamic USR-IP-Input-Filter
                UseAddressHint
                AddToReply Service-Type = Framed-User,\
                           Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                           Framed-Routing = None,\
                           Framed-MTU = 1500,\
                           Framed-Compression = None,\
                           Reply-Message="Protocol:"
        </AuthBy>
</handler>

<Handler>
        PasswordLogFileName %L/dev-passwordlog

        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/users

                AddToReply Service-Type = Framed,\
                        Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                        Framed-MTU = 1500
        </AuthBy>
</handler>

************ Log Excert showing the two dialed up channels ************

Tue Jun 19 10:47:45 2001
        User-Name = "testuser"
        NAS-Port = 5
        NAS-Port-Type = ISDN-Synchronous
        Acc-Request-Type = User-Accounting
        Service-Type = Framed
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Called-Station-Id = "179700"
        Calling-Station-Id = "1243776030"
        NAS-Identifier = "08:00:03:04:06:BC"
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        Acct-Session-Id = "010619.105231.010789"
        Acc-Dial-Port-Index = 203
        Connect-Info = "64000 "
        Acc-Connect-Tx-Speed = 64000
        Acc-Connect-Rx-Speed = 64000
        Acct-Multi-Session-Id = "010619.105136.010787"
        Acct-Link-Count = 3
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        Acc-Service-Profile = "tigris"
        Acct-Session-Time = 361
        Acct-Input-Octets = 29716
        Acct-Output-Octets = 536
        Acct-Input-Packets = 483
        Acct-Output-Packets = 41
        Acc-Input-Errors = 0
        Acc-Output-Errors = 0
        Acct-Termination-Cause = User-Request
        Acc-Reason-Code = Requested-By-User
        Framed-IP-Address = 213.161.67.223
        Idle-Timeout = 300
        Framed-MTU = 1500
        Timestamp = 992944065

Tue Jun 19 10:47:46 2001
        User-Name = "testuser"
        NAS-Port = 6
        NAS-Port-Type = ISDN-Synchronous
        Acc-Request-Type = User-Accounting
        Service-Type = Framed
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Called-Station-Id = "179700"
        Calling-Station-Id = "1243776030"
        NAS-Identifier = "08:00:03:04:06:BC"
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        Acct-Session-Id = "010619.105137.010788"
        Acc-Dial-Port-Index = 204
        Connect-Info = "64000 "
        Acc-Connect-Tx-Speed = 64000
        Acc-Connect-Rx-Speed = 64000
        Acct-Multi-Session-Id = "010619.105136.010787"
        Acct-Link-Count = 3
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        Acc-Service-Profile = "tigris"
        Acct-Session-Time = 415
        Acct-Input-Octets = 35198
        Acct-Output-Octets = 1304878
        Acct-Input-Packets = 560
        Acct-Output-Packets = 1031
        Acc-Input-Errors = 0
        Acc-Output-Errors = 0
        Acct-Termination-Cause = User-Request
        Acc-Reason-Code = Requested-By-User
        Framed-IP-Address = 213.161.67.223
        Idle-Timeout = 300
        Framed-MTU = 1500
        Timestamp = 992944066

The ISDN TA is a BT speedway which is a rebadged AVM berliner USB
TA.  AFAIK the adaptor itself has MPPP capabilities under standard
win98/2k os .

Many thanks for your help in all this.

Cheers,
Chris Rockett,