(RADIATOR) Bad authenticator in request from DEFAULT ?

Robert G. Fisher rfisher at mail.neocom.net
Mon Jun 11 14:43:19 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:21:07PM -0400, Pascal Robert wrote:
> On 5/31/01 19:40, "Hugh Irvine" <hugh at open.com.au> wrote:
>
> >> Now, I have two other problems.  The log file reports that Attributes 197
> >> and 255 (Ascend-Xmit-Rate and Ascend-Data-Rate) are missing, even if they
> >> do are in the dictionnary (and accounting logs those attributes, strange).
> >>

> > Can you please send me the trace 4 debug from Radiator showing what is
> > happening?
>
> I'm getting:
>
> Sat Jun  2 23:59:26 2001: ERR: Attribute number 38947 (vendor 429) is not
> defined in your dictionary
> Sat Jun  2 23:59:44 2001: ERR: Attribute number 197 (vendor 529) is not
> defined in your dictionary
> Sat Jun  2 23:59:44 2001: ERR: Attribute number 255 (vendor 529) is not
> defined in your dictionary

You should include the dictionary.ascend2 and dictionary.usr into
your dictionary file.  vendor 429 is 'USR' and 529 is 'Ascend'.

The new dictionary files available with 2.18.2 also include a
more thorough USR definition than previous dictionary releases.

Another work around, for the Ascend equipment is to check under
Ethernet->Mod Config->Auth->Auth Compat Mode, if this is set to
'OLD' it will work with the default dictionary, if it is set to
VSA (which I'd recommend) you will need to have the ascend2
dictionary included.

Be careful though, each of these dictionary files also include
ATTRIBUTE listings, so some attributes may get renamed when the
server encounters a second ATTRIBUTE listing, unless you edit
these entries out of the combined dictionary file.
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au