(RADIATOR) PORTLIMITCHECK and SessionDatabase SQL relationship

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Jun 8 19:29:06 CDT 2001

Hello Mariano -

On Saturday 09 June 2001 07:32, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Hi Hugh,
>
> this is in fact a "theoretical" question since I don't need it (for now)...
> I am starting to use <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK> and, as most people, start by
> cutting and pasting from somewhere else... after a few checks, I noticed
> that every time I was starting Radiator I was getting the following:
>
> Fri Jun  8 18:12:56 2001: ERR: Unknown keyword 'DBSource' in
> /app/Radiator/etc/DBUseData.cfg line 9
> Fri Jun  8 18:12:56 2001: ERR: Unknown keyword 'DBUsername' in
> /app/Radiator/etc/DBUseData.cfg line 10
> Fri Jun  8 18:12:56 2001: ERR: Unknown keyword 'DBAuth' in
> /app/Radiator/etc/DBUseData.cfg line 11
>
> I read the manual again (see? now I re-read before asking you :-) and
> noticed that <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK> doesn't have these parameters and,
> since it says it works together with a <SessionDatabase SQL> it obviously
> uses those parameters from there...
>
> Now for the question: in a really complex config file I could be using more
> than one <SessionDatabase SQL> (in different handlers as explained in
> 6.15.20), but if I were doing so and I wanted to use different <AuthBy
> PORTLIMITCHECK> each one related to one of the <SessionDatabase SQL>, how
> would I do?
>
> In the case of multiple <SessionDatabase SQL> with different 'DBSource's
> how does Radiator choose the database and authentication parameters for
> each <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK>.
>
> Shouldn't <SessionDatabase SQL> reference it's own <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK>
> (via a config directive) or viceversa?

At this point I should probably tell you to go read the code!  :-)

However, as you already know, Radiator is a very clever piece of software,
and this being the case, AuthPORTLIMITCHECK.pm picks up the SessionDatabase
tag from the Realm or Handler from which it was called. In other words, you
can have as many SessionDatabase's and AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK's as you like
with no problems.

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au