(RADIATOR) PORTLIMITCHECK and SessionDatabase SQL relationship

Mariano Absatz lradius at pert.com.ar
Fri Jun 8 16:32:00 CDT 2001

Hi Hugh,

this is in fact a "theoretical" question since I don't need it (for now)... I
am starting to use <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK> and, as most people, start by
cutting and pasting from somewhere else... after a few checks, I noticed that
every time I was starting Radiator I was getting the following:

Fri Jun  8 18:12:56 2001: ERR: Unknown keyword 'DBSource' in
/app/Radiator/etc/DBUseData.cfg line 9
Fri Jun  8 18:12:56 2001: ERR: Unknown keyword 'DBUsername' in
/app/Radiator/etc/DBUseData.cfg line 10
Fri Jun  8 18:12:56 2001: ERR: Unknown keyword 'DBAuth' in
/app/Radiator/etc/DBUseData.cfg line 11

I read the manual again (see? now I re-read before asking you :-) and noticed
that <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK> doesn't have these parameters and, since it says
it works together with a <SessionDatabase SQL> it obviously uses those
parameters from there...

Now for the question: in a really complex config file I could be using more
than one <SessionDatabase SQL> (in different handlers as explained in
6.15.20), but if I were doing so and I wanted to use different <AuthBy
PORTLIMITCHECK> each one related to one of the <SessionDatabase SQL>, how
would I do?

In the case of multiple <SessionDatabase SQL> with different 'DBSource's how
does Radiator choose the database and authentication parameters for each
<AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK>.

Shouldn't <SessionDatabase SQL> reference it's own <AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK>
(via a config directive) or viceversa?

Mariano Absatz
El Baby
Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au