(RADIATOR) Problem with Ascend

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jun 6 19:28:02 CDT 2001

Hello Craig -

On Thursday 07 June 2001 09:58, Craig O'Toole wrote:

> Gentlepoeple,
>
> I have not done this yet, and have the same issue as Ganbold. I would
> assume that another way to solve this is to set up user accounts called
> banner etc... and have radiator respond to these with the flags that are
> required rather than turning them off altogether. By respond, I mean just
> send the flags, not an accept packet, just a flag. This way, there would be
> no login possible. This way, we can have stacked MAX's and have configs
> based on dynamic info generated from a "smart" config in radiator. Alas, I
> don't even know enough about radiator to know if this is possible
>
> I am interest if anyone has done this, I havn't as yet, it is still on my
> list of to-do.
>
> The messages do not appear to harm anything, after they are rejected by
> radiator, they go away till the next reboot or reconfig of the radius port
> / ip address.

You can certainly configure Radiator to send whatever the MAX expects, and
you can also set up a special Handler to recognise these particular requests
and deal with them seperately (assuming there is some sensible Service-Type
or other indication in the request).

As we don't have any MAX's (or any other NAS come to that), I am not able to
tell you what the reply should look like. It should be possible to find out
from Lucent or an Ascend support page or mailing list.

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au