(RADIATOR) Problem with Ascend

Craig O'Toole craig at remex.com.au
Wed Jun 6 18:58:27 CDT 2001

---------------------- Forwarded by Craig O'Toole/Remex/AU on 07/06/2001
10:04 ---------------------------

Craig O'Toole
07/06/2001 00:02

To:   Edwin_Everett at cargill.com
cc:

Subject:  RE: (RADIATOR) Problem with Ascend  (Document link not converted)

From: Edwin_Everett at cargill.com
     by hdqt.cargill.com (8.8.6 (PHNE_17190)/8.8.6) with ESMTP id FAA09446;

     Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:32:38 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:32:35 -0500
Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) Problem with Ascend
Sender: owner-radiator at open.com.au

Gentlepoeple,

I have not done this yet, and have the same issue as Ganbold. I would
assume that another way to solve this is to set up user accounts called
banner etc... and have radiator respond to these with the flags that are
required rather than turning them off altogether. By respond, I mean just
send the flags, not an accept packet, just a flag. This way, there would be
no login possible. This way, we can have stacked MAX's and have configs
based on dynamic info generated from a "smart" config in radiator. Alas, I
don't even know enough about radiator to know if this is possible

I am interest if anyone has done this, I havn't as yet, it is still on my
list of to-do.

The messages do not appear to harm anything, after they are rejected by
radiator, they go away till the next reboot or reconfig of the radius port
/ ip address.

Cheers

Craig

PS: I should get out the email ettiquete notes, please don't get messed up
in a flame.
PPS: Thanks to regular input to the list by others, I have not needed to
ask a couple of silly questions. Hopefully we will also be able to
contribute from the experiances and success in our business.

Edwin_Everett at cargill.com on 06/06/2001 20:32:35