(RADIATOR) Rejecting users with not allowed characters in username

c.w.vandervelden at kpn.com c.w.vandervelden at kpn.com
Mon Jul 30 08:42:50 CDT 2001

Hello there,

We recently started billing to our customers, but now I'm confronted with
users trying to get a workaround.

In our authentication we make use of an LDAP server. Users are now trying to
log in with characters like:
* and \

The LDAP authentication succeeds (with eg. * being interpreted as a wild
card), and next the billing fails at first-> user not found (we manually
make sure the record does get recorded).

Question:
How do I prevent authentication to succeed?

Do I need to use PreAuthHook code to reject these creative users?

Anybody suggestions?

Regards,
    Karel van der Velden