(RADIATOR) Radiator installation with MD5 problem

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri Jul 27 19:54:58 CDT 2001

--- Forwarded mail from owner-radiator at open.com.au

From: owner-radiator at open.com.au
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:44:18 -0500
To: radiator-approval at open.com.au
Subject: BOUNCE radiator at open.com.au:    Non-member submission from ["Kan Yu
Ting" <ytkanlinux at hotmail.com>]

>From mikem at server1.open.com.au Sun Jul 22 06:44:18 2001
From: "Kan Yu Ting" <ytkanlinux at hotmail.com>
To: radiator at open.com.au
Cc: ytkanlinux at hotmail.com
Subject: Radiator installation with MD5 problem
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:35:55 +0000

Dear all,

I have read a lot of posting from the mailing list. That there are problems
by installing radiator if using Digest-MD5.

I experience the same problem and I found that the solution is installing
MD5-1.7 instead.
For that I first "make veryclean" to clear the Radiator instation and then
install the MD5-1.7 again, when I try to install the Radiator again......the
same
problem still exist and the result as follow.

Have anyone got experience that I could do to make installation pass?

Thanks for help.
Kan

For Radiator installation.
(1) perl Makefile.PL
# perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite MD5 1.7 not found at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/M
akeMaker.pm line 343.
Writing Makefile for Radius

Actually i installed the module Digest-MD5-2.13, I try to skip it since itis
just a warning message.

(2)make test

    Can't locate object method "hash" via package "MD5" (perhaps you forgot
to load
"MD5"?) at Radius/Radius.pm line 402.
ok 6d
Can't locate object method "hash" via package "MD5" (perhaps you forgot to
load
"MD5"?) at Radius/Radius.pm line 747.
not ok 6e
Can't locate object method "hash" via package "MD5" (perhaps you forgot to
load
"MD5"?) at Radius/Radius.pm line 402.
not ok 6f
Can't locate object method "hash" via package "MD5" (perhaps you forgot to
load
"MD5"?) at Radius/Radius.pm line 747.
not ok 6g
Can't locate object method "hash" via package "MD5" (perhaps you forgot to
load
"MD5"?) at Radius/Radius.pm line 747.
not ok 6h
Tests completed
sh: kill: no such process

In the Radius.pm,it have a hash to reference the MD5.pm

(3)make install

Writing
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/Radius/.packlist
Appending installation info to
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/perllocal
.pod

Thanks for your help

regards

Kan

---End of forwarded mail from owner-radiator at open.com.au

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au