(RADIATOR) appending realm to the end of a user.

Roger Mangraviti rem at atu.com.au
Wed Jul 25 01:18:43 CDT 2001

Hi Hugh,

I have been playing with the config a bit and i'm trying to achieve the
following:

account to one sql server, with the realm appended to the user.
proxy auth to 2 different radius auth servers.

the problem being is that customers may not be appending a realm to the
username.
this is the main part of my config:

<Realm DEFAULT>

#strip realm
RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept

        <AuthBy SQL>
        # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB

        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
        DBUsername      radius
        DBAuth          xx

        # You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
        # You can add your own columns to store whatever you like
        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING

        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,UserName
        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address

        # You can arrange to log accounting to a file if the
        # SQL insert fails with AcctFailedLogFileName
        # That way you could recover from a broken SQL
        # server
        #AcctFailedLogFileName %D/missedaccounting
        </AuthBy>

        <AuthBy RADIUS>
        AuthenticateAccounting

                AddToReply Class = atu.com.au

                FailureBackoffTime 60

                Synchronous

                Secret xx
                RetryTimeout 1
                Retries 1

                <Host 203.202.66.13>
                AuthPort        1812
                AcctPort        1813
                </Host>

        AcctFailedLogFileName %D/missedaccounting

        </AuthBy>

        <AuthBy RADIUS>
        AuthenticateAccounting

                AddToReply Class = viper.net.au

                FailureBackoffTime 60

                Synchronous

                Secret xx
                RetryTimeout 1
                Retries 1

                <Host 203.31.238.1>
                AuthPort        1812
                AcctPort        1813
                </Host>

        AcctFailedLogFileName %D/missedaccounting

        </AuthBy>

</Realm>

authentication seems to work (for a while till it freezes, which i need to
debug), but the sql logging is not
appending the realm to the username.