(RADIATOR) <Log Syslog> not working on HPUX 11i =/

Chris M chrism at peakpeak.com
Fri Jul 13 10:03:18 CDT 2001

Hi Hugh,

It's good to hear from you.

I'm on Linux RH 7.1.

The problem I am having with logging is that I had a known good config on
one machine and (you may remember all the problems I was having) I decided
to create a brand new box that was Redhat 7.1 and run Radiator on that.

The only new feature I added was taking the text of the clients out and
putting it in a SQL database RADCLIENTLIST.  All other features stayed the
same in Radiator the way I was using it.

But when I switched to the new box, and started Radiator, Trace 4 messages
would appear in the log when I started Radiator but then would quit after
the RADCLIENTLIST was built (I'd see the messages from the SQL query and
then no more Trace 4 stuff appears in the "raw" logs).

The Syslog stuff I can't get to work but I don't think that is related to
the Trace 4 stuff "quitting" sometime after Radiator is started.

I'm not really sure what to look at.  There is a lot of fire and brimstone
coming down around me at the moment but I'd be happy to try looking at some
things.

Chris

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au