(RADIATOR) Buffer Overflow in Radius

sj at datanet.hu sj at datanet.hu
Wed Jul 11 01:56:06 CDT 2001

Buffer overflow occurs if the app tries to put more data
to the buffer than its length.

Perl is different from C, Perl automatically manages buffers, you
don't have worry about buffer overflow until you don't execute other
program from your Perl script.

BTW, if you stick to C, try some compiler enhancements such as StackGuard
and make your stack non-executable (this won't prevent _all_ the buffer
overruns but will help a lot). If you're running Linux 2.2.x you can try
Solar Designer's openwall kernel patch

SJ.

Vajon mit eszik egy ilyen macska ?
Csak nem az uj kitekatot extra joghurttal ?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au