(RADIATOR) Using Radiator for Wholesale Dialup and Session Database

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Jul 6 04:44:37 CDT 2001

Hello Tom -

At 12:17 -0400 01/7/5, Tom Daly wrote:
>Hello,
>We are currently using Radiator and MySQL for a SessionDB. As a wholesale
>provider, we have two ways for our wholesalers to access accounts.
>
>1. Per Port - An ISP is assigned a unique DNIS to which all radius requested
>are directed at thier radius server by proxy. We do this by the following
>method.
>
><CalledStationId /......3400/>
>         <AuthBy RADIUS>
>                 Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>                 Secret VeryVerySecret
>                 AuthPort 1645
>                 AcctPort 1646
>                 Retries 5
>                 RetryTimeout 15
>         </AuthBy>
>
>This method seems to be slow, as we have to search through a few hundred
>DNISs for the same provider, if they have multiple DNISs. So I am looking
>for a way to use one statement that will search each providers list of
>DNISs. Also, when a customer dials in, thier username is just username. It
>there a way to make the session database show username at isp_name.com, but
>still pass username to the proxy radius server?

If you are using the "CalledStationId.pm" file from the goodies
section of the distribution, there is almost no overhead, as the
number that is specified in the definition is used as a key to
directly access that clause. This is by far the fastest way to
process large numbers of phone numbers.

For your second question, you can use RewriteUsername(s) and custom
queries for the SessionDatabase to do what you require.

>2. Per User - An ISP is assigned a Unique REALM via a <Realm> or <Handler
>Realm=> Clause. This gets very very complicated, so it there a way to
>simplify this?

I don't understand the problem, sorry. Can you elaborate?

>Also, 1 ISP does not use a realm, so is there a way to make
>the session database show username at isp_name.com and the radius server check
>for just username?

See above - RewriteUsername(s) and custom queries.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au