(RADIATOR) Using Radiator for Wholesale Dialup and Session Database

Tom Daly tomdaly at metro2000.net
Thu Jul 5 11:17:26 CDT 2001

Hello,
We are currently using Radiator and MySQL for a SessionDB. As a wholesale
provider, we have two ways for our wholesalers to access accounts.

1. Per Port - An ISP is assigned a unique DNIS to which all radius requested
are directed at thier radius server by proxy. We do this by the following
method.

<CalledStationId /......3400/>
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
                Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                Secret VeryVerySecret
                AuthPort 1645
                AcctPort 1646
                Retries 5
                RetryTimeout 15
        </AuthBy>

This method seems to be slow, as we have to search through a few hundred
DNISs for the same provider, if they have multiple DNISs. So I am looking
for a way to use one statement that will search each providers list of
DNISs. Also, when a customer dials in, thier username is just username. It
there a way to make the session database show username at isp_name.com, but
still pass username to the proxy radius server?

2. Per User - An ISP is assigned a Unique REALM via a <Realm> or <Handler
Realm=> Clause. This gets very very complicated, so it there a way to
simplify this? Also, 1 ISP does not use a realm, so is there a way to make
the session database show username at isp_name.com and the radius server check
for just username?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Daly
Network Operations Administrator
G4 Communications Corp. / Metro2000 Internet Services
E: tomdaly at metro2000.net / W3: www.metro2000.net

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au