Fwd: Re: (RADIATOR) Fwd: BOUNCE radiator at open.com.au: Non-member submission from ["Alex Fritz" <alex at kerdaino.com>]

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri Dec 28 17:33:02 CST 2001

Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Fwd: BOUNCE radiator at open.com.au:    Non-member
submission from ["Alex Fritz" <alex at kerdaino.com>]
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:30:08 -0500
From: Sergio Gonzalez <sagonzal at sky.net.co>
To: Mike McCauley <mikem at open.com.au>, radiator at open.com.au

>Hi

As far as I know, ODBC is the Only type of perl Connecto to SQL 7 or 2000.
The little think you have to have in count is that the efficiency can't be
entirely responsability of ODBC connector, it's the driver you use.

I did some test with Radiator+OpenLink+SQL 2000+Platypus.... and everything
worked well.

best regards

>Hey guys,
>   Just a quick question about the different data sources that I have the
>ability to use Radiator with.  I need to connect Radiator to SQL Server 2000
>and I saw on the Technical features on the website that it had the ability
>to connect to SQL 6.5 & 7 but I'm not sure which perl package goes with it
>from what I can tell.  I realize that I could just use ODBC but I'm not
>particularly fond of its efficiency.  Could you let me know whether I have
>the ability to connect directly to SQL Server 2000 without using an ODBC
>connection with Radiator?  Thank you for your time and if you could please
>treat this question with urgency because we have a deadline to meet.  Thank
>you again.
>
>Alex Fritz
>Kerdaino Enterprises
>---

>--
>Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au
>Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++, WWW
>24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   http://www.open.com.au
>Phone +61 3 9598-0985                       Fax   +61 3 9598-0955
>
>Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server
>anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, NIS+, password, NT, Emerald,
>Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
>on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
>===
>Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
>Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
>'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.

Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez
Director Operativo
SkyNet de Colombia.
Bogota, Colombia, South America.