(RADIATOR) assign ip from radius to AS5300 NAS

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Mon Dec 17 09:20:48 CST 2001

Hi Manoj,

usually, if you send "Framed-IP-Address" + "Framed-IP-Netmask" attributes in
the "Access-Accept" packet, the NAS will use the IP address instead of
assigning one of its own.

In the authentication for e-mail users you should (after the standard
user/password authentication) use an <AuthBy DYNADDRESS> (see
http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref.html#pgfId=406580) and use a SQL database
for holding your IP address pools (or DHCP if you have a DHCP server
available).

Obviously, the IP addresses in the Radiator database should not conflict with
the ones assigned by your NAS.

A more simple arrangement would be possible if your NAS supports any kind of
selection of IP address pool based on some Radius attribute. You should check
your NAS documentation and/or provider and set that attribute in the "Access-
Accept" packet.

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby